Info

We are still looking for extra translators.

This blog has been made to keep everyone interested in the new year's Batsu and up-to-date on the subbing progress. On this blog you will find the newest released parts and news about upcoming parts.

The subtitling team thus far:

- Slayeer (Alex) - Typesetter/Organizer (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- Shadi - Typesetter/Organizer (Also a 3D modeler/texturer. For his work, follow the link )CLICK (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- Hinnerk - Typesetter (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- JordansOcarina (Jordan) - Typesetter/Public Relations/Editor (English) (GnT.com Profile - CLICK) (Website coming soon!)
- Marga - Typesetter/Semi-translator/Quality testing
- Chapter - Typesetter/Encoder
- Shizentaisuu - Translations (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- Karl - Translations (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- Joker - Translations (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)
- Yuka - Translations (No profile available)
- Mickstar - Translations (Also has a twitter.) CLICK (GnT.com Profile - CLICK)

ENJOY and LAUGH!

Want to contact us for any questions, requests or feedback?
Give us a hit on: teamgaki@gmail.com



Monday, February 25, 2013

A Message From Jordan

Hey everyone, I understand this is not the place for messages of this nature; but I feel obligated to address a few things.

Yes, I am completely aware of our lack of getting the subtitles out in a preferable amount of time, and I am truly sorry about this, as it simply couldn't of been avoided. But I thought, why don't I give the audience an idea of what went and currently goes on behind the scenes? Because I myself have succumbed to the "I don't have enough time" disposition.

First and foremost... Please give a big thank you to Alex, he's definitely sought through and proved some of his admirable leaderships abilities during the worst of times; he's the guy that's going to make sure everyone is in check and pursuing their parts accordingly, and if you're not, he's truthfully more understanding than he should be.

Some of you may or may not know that I am a High School student located in the United States, aside from my some-what heavy Academic load I have a respectable amount of commitments (Saxophone/Percussion player, marching band, volunteer work, social events,) while many of you are righteous to make the claim "If you don't have enough free time do not sign up for this project," I've had way more free time in the past. Mid January - late February have been absolutely ridiculous for me; my parents have recently been through a custody battle (I'm still a minor, almost an adult) that led me to have to switch schools 2 times (from the new one to back to the old one.) It wasn't until I got back to my old High School that I started to have an abundance of make-up work and homework, as well as important weekend commitments. It was a very hard time in my life (one of the hardest in fact) and very detrimental emotionally; while I probably shouldn't be talking about my personal life so openly you all deserve to know. Don't be let down by this though, a new grading period has begun and I plan to return promptly as a Typesetter very soon.

As for my fellow members... 


  • Shadi has been very busy with his 3D modeling projects, he is currently looking for a job in this department. Everyone who has been involved with some sort of artistic project (whether it would be video editing or 3D modeling) it is very strenuous and time consuming. 
  • Shizentaisuu has been busy with college.
  • In early February Mickstar had a loved one pass away, he had to visit Japan for a few weeks for their funeral. His computer also broke, but he's back now and working hard!
  • Yuka is hard at work!
  • Hinnerk has been hard at work!
  • Karl in early February told us he was moving back to Australia, he has moved and is currently getting accustomed to his new home. He recently has returned.
  • Alex has been taking initiative when Shadi cannot, and I cannot express how grateful I am for his dedication towards this project.
The Solution...

Since people seem to go from "Busy" to "Available" so subtly we've decided to hire a few more translators/typesetters to help out; they're not "substitutes" but with extra people there is always at least a few working on the project at once. Let's welcome them with open arms. 

We're currently close to releasing Part 4 and we've been making big changes to our subtitles, so everyone has something to look forward to.

 Thank you everyone for being so grateful, as it means so much to me.
- Jordan (JordansOcarina)


43 comments:

  1. Honestly, nobody should be complaining about the amount of time it takes to release any of the subbed material. If I could speak and understand Japanese, I would have already watched and enjoyed the show. Since I'm not linguistically gifted, I must wait until you fine people sub the show for us. If it takes a year for you to sub everything, I'm still eternally grateful. The time it takes just to sub in 30 minute increments is insane. So I'm very sorry for what you're going through at such a young age, and and appreciate the work beyond words. I patiently await the next release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate that Mister Nobody, cheers.

      Delete
  2. Last year's batsu took half a year to sub. Don't care how long this one takes as you guys are doing us a free service but obviously the faster it comes out the more awesome.

    People complaining about subs not coming fast enough are just self-entitled morons. I guess they think that just because they don't have lives, they think other people (like the subbing team) don't have lives either so they could just slave away at subbing. If they want it so bad/fast then they should just pay someone to sub for them... I'm sure a paid service would be better than a -free- service.

    As for me I'll wait as long as I need to but when the day the full subs come out, I'm gonna stay home the whole day, buy a fuck-ton of food and just enjoy the 6 hours to the fullest.

    Take your time guys and thanks for the hard work. Oh and ignore those jackasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gambare everyone! I hope you're all doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The team seems to be getting back into the groove of things,

      thanks Mark!

      Delete
  4. to be honest the rule is IRL comes first always :D it is only a program and if people cant wait sucks to be them thank all of you guys keep up the good work and i wish you luck in your personal affairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, real life affairs always come first! That being said, if one of us is never able to work on the project it's pointless. Thank you Yozaki!

      Delete
  5. To everyone mentioned here that's dealing with life stuff, best wishes, hope all is well, and you guys (including the ones that are still puttering along) are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry about it guys! You're doing an awesome job, and us loyal fans will wait. Take no notice of those twits that complain! Keep on gaki-ing along ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will Kult, we will ;). Thank you for your support!

      Delete
  7. I for one am gratly thankful for all the hard work you all are doing! Having 3 parts done by March has been faster than 90% of the other groups from the past! Family, work and school should always come first. Keep up the hard work! I can't wait for the next segments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much D-Kun; your compliments keep us doing what we do!

      Delete
  8. Just to say a big thank you to the team, if not for you guys we would not be able to enjoy Gaki no Tsukai!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't want to be mean or anything, but I couldn't seriously care less about you or your lives. I appreciate the work though.

    What I and probably many others don't like is waiting. You guys started fast and all of a sudden private problems pop up. You attracted us with fast subtitles and now you can't deliver.

    I know you owe us nothing and we don't pay directly for anything. Nonetheless, this project is a disappointment so far. I don't care for excuses - I want results! If you can't do the job another group should be able to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe instead of waiting you should do it yourself if you are disappointed with the speed these guys are doing this project...oh wait you can't. Then maybe you should hire and pay someone else to do it...oh wait they are doing it for free. Just wait patiently like everyone else you ungrateful twat or go learn to speak the language so you don't have to wait for the "results" of their volunteer "job". Freaking wanker.

      Delete
    2. Fuck you. You write like their boss... you just have been mean with your rude argument, even trying to soften with "Don´t want to be mean or anything...". Build your own translation team and then, throw your arrogance on the people you pay for... learn to be compassionate and understanding before try to shit this argument. "I want results!", sure... donate then. Instead criticizing, help them out, fucker!

      What a crappy leader wanna-be you are. Spoiled prick...

      Oh, yes... don´t get me wrong with what I´ve wrote... was not my intention to be rude or anything, ok?

      Delete
  10. Just do your best, guys. It's no sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always interested in how the subtitles are coming along but never do I want it to come across as inpatient. I totally understand and am grateful for all your dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don´t worry dude... if there is any way that we can support you guys somehow, let us know! Keep up the awesome work! I´ll be praying for the well-being of you and the entire team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying for us Azfargh! You'll make a true difference :)

      Delete
  14. Wow, everyone here has their noses so far up the translators' asses, no wonder it's taking so long for them to finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that. Especially the pretender with the praying - hypocrites whereever you look.

      Delete
    2. Bug off, both of you. There is no kissassing involved. We don't even know the translators themselves. But for me, I appreciate Jordan the translator to come out and explain to us why it's taking so long. Either you accept it and wait, or just move on with your life.

      Delete
    3. Dark Mario has a point, there's no kiss-assing here; just comments of internal gratitude and Gaki-love. ;) Thana, please bear in mind that just because one happens to be religious doesn't mean they're not sincere. All religions are accepted here :)

      Delete
  15. The batsu games usually take about half a year to sub. I think everyone is a little flustered because the team released so much in a short amount of time (about 30min. for every 1.5ish weeks) that people kind of expected a release every week and I don't blame them for that as I did as well. I just hope that you can be more consistent and take this as a lesson for next time by maybe shortening your releases down to 10-20 minutes and queuing up subs in case any incidents happen.

    just a personal side note but did you guys ever reach out to zurui or shibatabread on helping with anything as far as the subs go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PhantasyX! No, we haven't requested assistance from Zurui or ShibataBread with the project; although I emailed ShibataBread about some possible type-setting tips before we began this project. I've been following the tips he gave the entire time.

      Delete
  16. I absolutely appreciate Jordan for explaining to all of us the circumstances. Perhaps now everyone can be patient for once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dark Mario, glad to know you were enlightened by this post.

      Delete
  17. guys,

    thank you so much for your hard work. just want to say that you're doing everyone a great service and we appreciate it.

    i know a lot of us will wait as long as it takes, so just take your time with this passion project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You guys should just take your time. Its a 6 hour broadcast. Anyone who complains about subs coming out too slow should try doing what you guys are doing.

    I'l be patient and wait for them all to release and watch it all in one go. And thats all thanks to you guys! Thanks for the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You shouldn't commit to something knowing you've got work or school that will get in the way, it's bad manners.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You shouldn't apologize for anything. This work is voluntarily and if someone has a problem with that, then he should either learn Japanese himself, or spend his money on a Japanese translator to do all the work you do, which I'm guessing would cost a small fortune!

    So to the people complaining: What have you done to help???

    Of course it's never fun to wait. But that's just the time it takes to get things for free.

    Keep up the super work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Otsukaresamadeshita!
    Keep up the good work, and looking forward to the coming parts! :D

    ReplyDelete